Monday, November 24, 2008

How to Make Starbucks Treats at Home

I love the pumpkin loaf, gingerbread loaf and lemon pound cake at Starbucks. It used to be virtually impossible for me to step in to Starbucks for a tall drink and not walk away with a delicious slice of something. And I figured…. Hey, I deserve it. But at around $1.95 a slice, my bank account also deserves a break. I had to find an alternate way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Then one day I wondered in passing if I could make all this yummy deliciousness myself. With a couple of keystrokes, I discovered that Recipe Zaar has an entire section of Starbucks recipes that are extraordinarily close to the real thing. Now on cold winter days, my kitchen can smell like Starbucks!

Here are my faves if you want to try them at home. These make great gifts too. You can buy loaf baggies with ribbon at your local JoAnn store this time of year (be sure to use your 40% off coupon from the newspaper insert!)

Starbucks Gingerbread
Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
Starbucks Lemon Loaf
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (I actually skip the cream cheese part and divide this in to two loaf pans to make pumpkin bread and then add a cream cheese frosting. You can also substitute half of the vegetable oil for applesauce.)

1 comment:

  1. I've used this exact recipe for the lemon loaf countless times! It goes really fast at out house. I also add a little lemon extract to the frosting.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your comments are welcome!