Monday, November 16, 2009

Turkeys 69c Ib at Publix

Publix brand turkeys are 69c Ib thru Wed 11/18 at Publix. The great thing about the turkeys at Publix this year is that they have a variety of smaller turkeys, so you can get a turkey for under $7 (last year I tried to wait it out until the prices went lower and all they had left were huge 20Ib turkeys!). I grabbed a couple of them so that we can eat turkey long after the prices rise!


When I make turkey, I love to soak it in an 18-hour salt, honey and rosemary brine and then either roast it in an oven bag or for a turkey under 14Ib, in a rotisserie. That way, I don't have to rely on a name brand that is possibly pumped with additional ingredients to make it tender. However, if you'd still like to go the name brand route, go grab a $2 off coupon for any Butterball turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Your comments are welcome!