Sunday, November 1, 2009

Over $151.00 Worth of Groceries for $28.80


If you live in an area with a Kroger and you clip coupons from your newspapers each week, then you're in for a real treat this week. Kroger sales typically work in 2-week rotations, meaning that what is on sale this week for the first time in a cycle will probably be on sale next week also. The above photo is what I purchased for merely $28.88 on Friday and they have similar deals this week with their "buy 10, get $5 off" sale. There were also a couple of bunches of bananas, but I put them in a fruit bowl before taking the picture! Granted, all the items here don't make my menu for the week as I already have a good stock of meat in my freezer and had fresh fruits and vegetables on hand. I purchased these items to stockpile my pantry while prices are low and to give some items to a local food bank over the weekend. I also have a party coming up soon, so the snack items will come in handy!
As you may know, I'm an avid follower of The Grocery Game which tracks current sales with coupons that are either readily available online or have appeared in recent copies of my Sunday paper. If you aren't saving at least 50% every time you head to the grocery store, you should give The Grocery Game a try. This is a paid report (but they do have a free one month trial) and you'll pay $5 a month per store, but you'll quickly see how the report pays for itself. I love that it's color coded, well-presented and organized by isle so it's very efficient. If you truly need a free grocery report, you can try the one at Coupon Mom, although you won't get all the features that The Grocery Game offers (btw, if you do try The Grocery Game, let them know that affluentpauper@gmail.com referred you!)
If you're new to the world of couponing (you'll notice that virtually every female shopper that you encounter at the supermarket these days uses coupons, which was not the case several years ago), I want to let you know that I'm actually in the process of writing a guide that will help you navigate the world of coupons so you can get the most bang for your buck. When I first started using coupons, I was inundated with websites offering coupons only to find out that they were full of lengthy surveys and things of that sort - a guide that cuts through all of that to get down to the legitimate sources would have been a help!
If you're not already an Affluent Pauper subscriber, I recommend you subscribe so I can let you know when I post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Your comments are welcome!